Friday, January 13, 2012

2011, A Retrospective

I know a lot of you who read this are in these pictures, so I thought I'd post some of my favorites from 2011.  My initial thought was to remain within the theme of this blog; hunting, fishing, and food.  There are so may shots I like, however, that we are going to wander a bit into the realms of tailgates, weddings, and random parties as well.  I try to avoid the "grip & grin" hero shots in most posts, but I'll indulge in a few here.

One thing I've noticed already is that if I'm going to be posting a lot of pictures in the future, I need to stop taking shots with my phone, and start using a real camera.  Probably even invest in something a little grander than my little point & shoot, wonderfully waterproof and indestructible as it is.

That being said, enjoy the show!

We started off the year in Pasadena, and what a blast that was!  Right up until the Badgers lost.





I flew to New York to fish and camp with some friends.


Always tie flies with a rifle handy






Then there is Dingleballs, our annual charity event to raise money for the fight against Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma.





A little fly fishing in Michigan...
The lap of luxury





Plenty of tailgating...





Technically New Year's Day 2012, I know, but it's Lambeau!

Deer season...



Don't ask...



Now there's a trophy!






And a few more from the field...

Pee break...




I stumble into a decent tie once in a while


A nap in the woodcock woods




And if you've ever wondered what giddy full-grown fly fishermen sound like during a prolific 70 fish day, just have a listen.



Happy belated New Year, everyone!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...